Community Sport Hubs
As part of ANGUSalive’s commitment to developing sport and physical activity throughout Angus, we have adopted the sport scotland Community Sport Hubs initiative.
Changing Lives Through Sport
A Community Sport Hub (CSH) is a local collective of sports clubs & other community organisations that come together to improve the contribution that sport & physical activity has on a community.
Our approach is to support and empower local people to improve sport & physical activity through understanding the needs within our communities and collaborating to facilitate and deliver activities and interventions.
Watch: sportscotland Community Sports Hubs
We are proud partners with sportscotland and love collaborating on the work they do. Check out their latest video which celebrates community sport and guides you through what a Community Sport Hub is!
Our Three Guiding Principles
Each community sport hub is unique, and develops its own vision and values in a clear and simple plan. The common thread that binds all hubs together is that they work to be sustainable, and they follow sportscotlands five guiding principles:
The Aims of Community Sport Hubs in Angus
- To support a range of sporting opportunities to the community
- Promote community engagement and leadership
- Develop training and education opportunities
- An integrated approach led by local partners/clubs
- Self-sustainable sports clubs/organisations.
- Improved facility access for local people and sports clubs
Benefits of being part of Community Sport Hubs
Our community sport hubs coordinator can support clubs and hub members to:
- Increase the numbers of participants and volunteers and develop people to be the best they can be
- Develop the places sport, physical activities and active recreation takes place in communities and contribute to community planning
- Raise the profile of local sports and sporting opportunities
- Become robust, well organised organisations that have effective plans, policies and procedures in place
- Be sustainable and well resourced
- Have a positive contribution in our local communities through sport and physical activity
- Reduce health and social inequalities across Angus through sport and physical activity