Community Sport Hubs
As part of ANGUSalive’s commitment to developing sport and physical activity throughout Angus, we have adopted the sport scotland Community Sport Hubs initiative.
Commitment to Sport
The initiative is aimed at supporting local sports clubs to help increase the number of people participating in sport in our local communities. Community Sport Hubs can be based in local places such as club pavilions; sport centres, community centres, the natural environment and/or schools and hope to bring local people together to provide a home for local clubs and sport organisations. They will also provide information, support and advice on a wide range of sports and physical activities to make it easier for local people to get involved and engaged in more active and healthier lifestyles.
Our Five Guiding Principles
Each community sport hub is unique, and develops its own vision and values in a clear and simple plan. The common thread that binds all hubs together is that they work to be sustainable, and they follow sportscotlands five guiding principles:
Growth in Participation
Understanding Community Need
Supporting Community Leadership
Offering a Range of Sports
Ensuring All The Right People Are Working Together
The Aims of Community Sport Hubs in Angus
- To support a range of sporting opportunities to the community
- Promote community engagement and leadership
- Develop training and education opportunities
- An integrated approach led by local partners/clubs
- Self-sustainable sports clubs/organisations.
- Improved facility access for local people and sports clubs
Benefits of being part of Community Sport Hubs
Our community sport hubs team can support clubs and hub members to:
- Increase the numbers of participants and volunteers and develop people to be the best they can be
- Develop the places sport, physical activities and active recreation takes place in communities and contribute to community planning
- Raise the profile of local sports and sporting opportunities
- Become robust, well organised organisations that have effective plans, policies and procedures in place
- Be sustainable and well resourced
Community Sport Hubs
Angus has six community sport hubs at varying stages of development. Each hub has its own unique vision and action plan focusing on areas of development suited to each community.