Our Digital Library
Our digital library migrated on Wednesday 24th March 2021 to the award winning Libby app and was available to customers to access from Thursday 25th March 2021. With our new digital library, members can borrow ebooks, emagazines and digital audiobooks easier and faster than before.
Since 23 March 2022, Libby users have access to pressreader for instant access to newspaper and magazine publications from over 120 countries and in more than 60 different languages.
Download the Libby app today to access our library of exciting e-resources from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
Getting Started with Libby
With our new digital library, you can borrow free ebooks, digital audiobooks and emagazines from your library. All you need is a library card.
To get started watch this getting-started video or follow the steps below:
- Install the Libby app from your device’s app store: Apple App Store / Google Play or, visit libbyapp.com in your Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or Edge (Chromium) browser.
- In Libby, follow the prompts to find ANGUSalive and sign in with a library card.
- Browse ANGUSalive’s library catalog and borrow a title.
- Borrowed titles appear under Shelf > Loans and download to the app automatically when you’re connected to Wi-Fi, so you can read them when you’re offline.
From your Loans, you can:
Tap Read With… to choose where you’d like to read the book (Kindle or Libby) or start reading in Libby.
Tap Open Audiobook or Open Magazine to start reading or listening to that title.
Tap Manage Loan to see options like Renew and Return.
Using the Libby app, library members can borrow access to pressreader for:
- 7,000 + newspapers and magazines
- publications from over 120 countries
- available in more than 60 different languages
- access anywhere!
Scroll down to Extras to find pressreader on the app or visit libbyapp.com/library/angusalive/extras in your Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or Edge (Chromium) browser.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I be able to take out the same books?
Our catalogue will hold the same titles and some new ones too.
Can I use my National Entitlement card?
Please note when entering your national entitlement card number please do not enter the last 2 digits.
Please note that you will be asked for this pin number when you log in to our new digital library, Libby.
- iOS 9+ (get it from the Apple App Store)
- Android 5.0+ (get it on Google Play)
If you have a Windows computer, Mac computer, or a Chromebook, you can use Libby in your web browser at libbyapp.com. We suggest using the latest version of Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or Edge (Chromium).
Yes! You can listen to audiobook loans via CarPlay.
From the CarPlay home screen, tap Libby, then choose a borrowed audiobook.
From the Now Playing screen, you can pause/play, skip back or forward 15 seconds, or change the playback speed (1x-2x).
Yes! You can listen to audiobook loans via Android Auto.
- Connect to your car.
- Open Libby from Auto’s list of media apps.
Note: If you see the Libby notification player, you can start playback from there and skip the rest of these steps.
- Open the menu (in the top-left corner) and tap an audiobook.
- Select Resume to continue listening, or Chapters or Bookmarks to navigate in the book.
When you start listening, you can pause/play, skip back or forward 15 seconds, or change playback speed.
Books are automatically returned to the library on their due date. When they’re returned, they’re also removed from your Loans and deleted from your device (if downloaded).
If you finish a book early, you can return it before its due date using the steps below:
- Go to Shelf > Loans.
- Tap Manage Loan.
- Tap Return Early, then Return.
Yes, what is borrowed from Libby is separate from the total of 12 items you can borrow from your libraries.
Libby unlike the previous platform, does not download magazines automatically. If you would like to read the same magazine every month you are required to download each individually.
- Tap the center of the screen to show the navigation bar.
- Tap the bookmark icon near the top-right corner.
How can I make a note or highlight in a book?
- Tap and hold a word until it’s highlighted, then drag to select your desired passage.
- Tap Highlight to use the most recent highlight color, or select another color next to “Highlight.”
- To leave a note: Tap the highlighted passage, add a note, and tap Save.
Bookmarks, notes, and highlights are saved in the book under (and reappear there if you borrow the book again).
How can I add a bookmark in an audiobook?
Tap at the top of the audiobook player.
To add a highlight: Play the audiobook, then tap and hold to highlight a passage.
How can I add a note to a bookmark or highlight in an audiobook?
Tap , select a bookmark or highlight, and tap . Then, make a note, and tap Save.
Bookmarks, notes, and highlights are saved in the audiobook under (and reappear there if you borrow the book again).
By default, all loans are downloaded for offline use when you have a Wi-Fi connection.
What’s downloaded on my shelf?
A book with a checkmark icon () is downloaded on your device for offline use.
A book with a cloud icon () isn’t downloaded on your device. It’ll be streamed when you open it, requires an internet connection to read or listen to, and doesn’t take up space on your device.
An email will then be sent to the email linked to your account. If you continue to have issues please contact firstname.lastname@example.org